Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Just married!

It's been almost a month I've been married and now I finally get to find the time to update my blog.... My brother bought me an ipad as my wedding gift and I'm currently using it now to update this blog! :) I bought some accessories to complement it, including the ever so useful keyboard... :)

Just realized using ipad to update this blog, I can't use the 'compose' function... I get to use only the older version,thus 'edit html'... So, I can't make my fonts as colorful as I wanted them to be.. :(

Just a summarized update on my married life... it's not easy being a wife!

Currently living with the in-laws while waiting for our own place... which is stated in the contract to be ready only by 2013...!!! We applied under the build-to-order scheme... a scheme whereby we pay deposit first, and then will they start building our place... we've secured the 14th floor out of a total of 24 floors... at Sengkang, near Jalan Kayu... ( near my hubby's workplace)

Life has not been as easy I thought it will be after marriage.. it's more tiring... having to juggle many things... as now we have 2 sets of families to attend to... my hubby and I try our very best to balance everything out... to the best of everyone's interest...

I'm still trying to adapt to a new crib... but still facing some difficulties feeling comfortable.. I guess it's not the same as having your own place... I can't wait!! :)

Used to be treated like a spoilt princess at home, where my mum will take care of everything : food, washing drying and folding of my clothes, household chores... now I have to be independent and stand on my own two feet... albeit with hubby's support...

Learning to cook a few basic dishes on my own... ( with the help of my ipad and youtube )... it was quite embarrassing when hubby found out I've been watching youtube videos on how to make scrambled eggs for him... ( he was fiddling with my ipad and chanced upon the webpage I forgot to close ;p ) but thank goodness he's been supportive of everything I'm doing... especially mum!! :)

Mum is just a phone call away whenever I need help in cooking... ( I am normally home alone when I cook, as it will be prior to my night shift duty )

Still struggling to keep the room tidy everyday and wash and dry clothes diligently ( albeit with the help of public dryers instead of the conventional clothes hanging )... but hoping to settle down asap so we can back on track in our gym and running lifestyle like we used to do before marriage...

Who says marriage is easy? It reminds me of a proverb I've heard before,' It's easy to fall in love, but it's not easy to stay in love'... something of that sort I guess... haha!!

Good night peeps! Will try to update more often! :)

No comments: